Natural gas was not involved in explosion that destroyed Paradise Valley home
Natural gas was not involved in the explosion in the area of 36th Street and Lincoln Drive in Paradise Valley that caused a fire and destroyed a home Saturday afternoon, according to Amy Washburn, spokesperson for Southwest Gas.
In an email sent to The Arizona Republic, Washburn said that Southwest Gas crews worked with first responders after the explosion happened to make sure the area was safe. She said no natural gas reads were found after crews conducted a leak survey in the area.
It was also confirmed that the home wasn’t served by natural gas, she said.
Firefighters responded to the scene near Piestewa Peak at approximately 4:40 p.m. Saturday after the explosion leveled the home and damaged several others near it. The Phoenix Fire Department did not release any new information on Sunday, but crews were seen at the scene throughout the day.