Monthly Production Report for October 2021
Natural gas production during October 2021 was 3016.81 MMSCM, which is 24.72% higher than the production of October 2020 but 9.37% lower than the monthly target. Cumulative natural gas production during April-October2021 was 19907.74 MMSCM, which is 21.59% higher than production during corresponding period of last year but 7.15% lower when compared with target for the period. Unit-wise and state-wise natural gas production is given at Annexure-II. Unit-wise natural gas production for the month of October 2021 and cumulatively for April-October 2021 vis-à-vis same period of last year has been shown in month-wise in Figure
- Natural gas production by ONGC in the nomination blocks during October 2021 was 1801.27 MMSCM, which is 10.09% lower than target for the month and 4.38% lowerthan the production of October 2020. Cumulative natural gas production by ONGC during April-October, 2021 was 12057.49 MMSCM, which is 10.9% and 6.26% lower than target for the period and production during corresponding period of last year respectively. Reasons for shortfall in production are as under:
- Less than anticipated production from WO-16 cluster due to delay in mobilization of MOPU Sagar Samrat.
- Less than planned production from Vasistha /S1 wells in EOA due to certain reservoir related issues.
- Delay in commencement of gas production from U1 field of KG-98/2 Cluster-II due to covid impact as manufacturing of subsea items and well completion got delayed. . Now U-1-B well put on production on 28.08.2021. U-1-A well expected to put on production from Feb-22.
- Less production due to decline in Tapti-Daman block.
- Decline in production from Pasarlapudi, Adavipalem&Endamuru fields in Rajahmundry.
- Natural gas production by OIL in the nomination block during October 2021 was 266.25MMSCMwhich is 6.05% higher than target for the month and 19.67% higher than the production of October 2020. Cumulative natural gas production by OIL during April-October2021 was 1700.56 MMSCM, which is 19.67% higher than production during corresponding period of last year but 1.66% lower than target for the period. Major reasons for shortfall in production is less than planned contribution from drilling wells /old wells.
- Natural gas production by Pvt/JVs companies in the PSC/RSC/CBM regime during October 2021 was 949.29 MMSCM, which is 203.63% higher than the production of October 2020 but 11.63% lower than the target for the month. Cumulative natural gas production by Pvt/JVs during April-October 2021 was 6149.69MMSCM, which is 200.66% higher than production during corresponding period of last year but 0.47% lower than target for the period.Reasons for shortfall in production are as under:
- KG-DWN-98/2 (ONGC): Delay in commissioning of U1-A well. U1-2 (U1-B) well remained closed due to operation constraints and reservoir study.
- RJ-ON-90/1 (Cairn Energy India Ltd): Shortfall due to Planned Shutdown & Plant Trips.
- RANIGANJ EAST (Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Ltd.): Shortfall on account of delay in scheduled operations due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- RJ-ON/6 (Focus Energy Ltd.): Less offtake by power plant. Some wells production got affected on account of stoppage of supplies due to tripping by the single customer of state power plant.
- MB/OSDSF/B80/2016 (Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd.): Delay in commencement of production.