Gas pipeline network for city to be ready in another 3 years

Gas pipeline network for city to be ready in another 3 years

West Bengal government is hopeful that the gas pipeline network to households in the city would be ready in another three years’ time. 

“We are hopeful that the gasline network to supply natural gas to every household will be ready by another three years’ time,” state Environment Minister and city mayor Sovan Chatterjee said after a meeting with senior officials of Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL).

State Finance Minister Amit Mitra was also present in the meeting along with Environment Principal Secretary Arnab Roy. 

“In today’s meeting we discussed about the operations, on the DPR and process of implementation of the project,” Chatterjee said. 

The minister said that as per the GAIL plan pipelines for the gas supply would likely be brought through Durgapur before reaching the city, the minister said. 

The West Bengal government has decided to enter into a joint venture with the GAIL to supply natural gas to every household in greater Kolkata. 

Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee gave her approval to the joint venture at a meeting of the Cabinet Standing Committee on Industry early this week. 

The Greater Calcutta Greater Calcutta Gas Supply Corporation (CGSC), which is a 100 per cent state-owned company, will have an equity of 26 per cent while GAIL will hold the rest 74 per cent stake for the Rs 3,000 crore project. 

GAIL would invest for the project while the state government would provide various assets like land and infrastructure support, officers said.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/gas-pipeline-network-for-city-to-be-ready-in-another-3-years-117022400975_1.html

Share Button

Sharing is caring!